The importance of the preoperative before hair surgery, the indications that we mentioned are of great importance, comply with them guarantee better results and a better quality of the intervention.
What to do before a hair transplant
- Inform the doctor if you are using any anti-coagulant for treatment before the transplant.
- If you use Minoxidil you should stop the treatment 2 weeks before surgery, if you use finasteride continue taking the usual dose.
- You can continue with your usual medication (HTA, hypoglycemic agents, gastric protector, etc.).
- The day before surgery drink plenty of water.
- The same morning of the operation, when showering, you should wash your head with normal shampoo, making sure to remove any remaining product you are using for your hair (hair gel, hairspray, etc.).
- Come with a button-down or zippered shirt (this helps to avoid friction in the operated area that could cause t-shirts or sweatshirts when dressing).
- Eat a normal breakfast the morning of the transplant, just avoid caffeinated beverages.
- It is necessary to have blood tests that reflect data such as "hemogram, glycemia, ionogram, coagulation, AIDS, Hepatitis B and C". An electrocardiogram will also be required, no more than 2 weeks before the intervention in case of being over 60 years old and/or with previous cardiac pathology.
What not to do before the hair transplant
- Do not do any sport or physical effort, 5 days before the hair surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs 10 days prior to surgery.
- Do not take any vitamin complex, including vitamins E and B, 10 days before surgery because it increases bleeding. Also avoid any herbal products during the same week.
- Do not drink alcohol at least 3 days before the transplant and avoid caffeinated beverages, because they increase bleeding and sensitivity to the drugs used in surgery.
- Do not smoke 24 hours before surgery, because it delays healing and increases the likelihood of infection, so that the survival of the grafts can be compromised.
- Do not shave the hair.
Once the hair surgery is over, it is advisable not to drive back home, since you may receive some medication that may cause drowsiness (sleepiness).
It is best that you come accompanied or take the cab that the clinic requests for your transfer.